I. How Information is Used and Collected.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) has established standards to ensure the privacy of your protected health information. Catalyst maintains full compliance with HIPAA and has implemented various administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to comply with its provisions.
Catalyst may use, collect, and store your Protected Health Information and Personal Information. Protected Health Information (“PHI”) is information about your past, present, or future health or medical condition(s). “Personal Information” (“PI”) is data unique to you, including your name, date of birth, address, email address, IP address, and phone number. If you encounter a page or screen that requests this information and you do not want to share with us, do not enter the information and do not proceed with that screen or page.
Catalyst may communicate with you via text message (SMS, MMS, or other technologies). Information obtained from you in connection with text messages from Catalyst may include your phone number, your provider’s name, and the time, date and content of your message. Catalyst is not responsible for any data or charges in connection with text messaging and Catalyst may change or discontinue text messaging at any time.
Catalyst may also collect electronic data about you to enhance user experience, analyze or create health care or pharmacy products or offerings, and report on user activity. Catalyst may also use your PHI and PI to automate notifications to you.
In addition, during your use of the Applications, Catalyst’s web operating system may record:
- The type of browser (such as “Netscape version X” or “Internet Explorer version x”) that you are using.
- The type of operating system that you use (such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows).
- The date and time you visited Catalyst’s Applications, and the areas you visited.
- The address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked to us from another website.
- The internet domain for your internet service, such as “xcompany.com” or “xcompany.net” if you use a private internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a college or university domains.
- Tracking what areas of Applications or tools are utilized.
- Evaluating and reporting on a user’s activity or participation in a pharmacy or clinical management program.
Catalyst uses this information for statistical analysis and to help enhance Catalyst Applications. In addition, and in accordance with applicable law, Catalyst may also combine any of this information with other information that we have about you for data analytics, enhanced healthcare or pharmacy services or product offerings, marketing and reporting.
II. Safeguarding Protected Health Information.
Catalyst will not share non-public protect health information with non-affiliated third parties. Catalyst will restrict access to only those Catalyst affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, consultants and contractors who need to know this information to provide you with Catalyst’s products and services and who are under an obligation to keep such information confidential. Catalyst maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to protect your information. In addition, Catalyst internally utilizes non-identifying personal information for the proper management, administration and development of Catalyst products and services.
Although Catalyst does not share non-public protected health information with non-affiliated third parties, Catalyst may use your protected health information for a number of reasons as detailed below.
- Treatment: We may disclose your protected health information to doctors, nurses, and other licensed healthcare personnel who are involved in providing your healthcare services.
- Payment: We may use or disclose your information to assist in obtaining payment for healthcare services rendered to you.
- For Healthcare Operations: We may disclose your information in the course of providing our various healthcare services.
- Care Reminders: We may use your contact information to remind or notify you of the benefits of a health service.
- Legal Requirements: If necessary, we may be legally required to disclose your protected health information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, search warrants, subpoenas, discovery requests, or court orders.
- Other Uses and Disclosures: We may use medical information for other disclosures; however, this will only be done with your prior written authorization.
You have the following rights regarding your protected health information:
- Right to Inspect and Copy: Upon written request, you have the right to inspect your health information.
- Right to Amend: If you feel there is a mistake or oversight in any of our records, you may request in writing that we amend your information.
- Right to Previously Disclosed Information: You may request a list of when, to whom, and for what purpose your information has been released over a six year period.
- Right to Receive Notice: You have the right to receive a paper copy of this privacy notice and/or an electronic copy by email upon your request.
- Right to Revoke Notice: You have the right to revoke prior authorizations to disclose your information upon written notice to Catalyst.
- Right to Request Restrictions on Certain Uses & Disclosures: You may request that we restrict the disclosure of certain confidential information, subject to various limitations.
- Right to Receive Protected Health Information by Alternative Means or in Alternative Locations: You have the right to request that your protected health information be provided by alternative means or at alternative locations.
You may initiate these requests by contacting Catalyst at the contact information provided below.
III. Web Security Policy.
For security purposes and to make sure Catalyst Applications remain available to all users, we may use special software programs for monitoring network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise to cause damage to our computer system. These programs collect no information that would directly identify individuals, but they do collect information that could help us identify someone attempting to tamper with Catalyst Applications. If you use our Applications, you should understand that all activities may be monitored or recorded. Anyone using our Applications expressly consents to such monitoring.
IV. California Online privacy Protection Act Compliance.
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. Catalyst is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA and does not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Catalyst Applications are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older.
VI. Contact Us.
Catalyst Health Group Holdings, LLC
8277 Belleview Drive
Plano, Texas 75024